30.11.13

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Micellar Solution



I have been planning to post a review on the L'oreal Micellar Solution since the day I tried it. I wanted to compare it against my beloved Bioderma but really wanted to give it a fair review so I have been using this for just over 2 months time now. I picked this up as an alternative to Bioderma as Bioderma is so difficult to get hold of and the total when P+P is added really put me off. 

If you don't know what either of these products are where have you been hiding ;). It's basically used to remove all traces of make-up and draw out excess oil whilst being gentle on the skin. These type of products are loved by many including top make-up artists who use them on fashion shoots/catwalk as a quick way of removing make-up to prepare the skin for another look!




Before purchasing this I was using Bioderma for around 6 months and it was my holy grail pre-cleanse, or my total cleanse on lazy days (naughty I know.) It was perfect for removing all my make-up and preparing my skin for a deep and thorough cleanse without making my skin sensitised. 

As I mentioned Bioderma is really difficult to get hold of in the UK. I was picking mine up on Ebay for  around £14 but then paying an extra £3 for delivery so the total was coming in around £17 for a 500ml bottle. I'm not a very well prepared person so would find I would have finished a bottle and then have to wait for another to be delivered and in the mean time I was bioderma-less. Quite a lot of people pick this product up in France as it is so cheap over there but sadly I have never been to France nor do I know anyone that does go! 

When I heard L'oreal were releasing a Micellar Solution I was super excited and hoped it would be just as good as Bioderma. The fact I can just pop to my local supermarket or boots/superdrug also made me very happy. The bottle comes in a 200ml size and retails for £4.99 although I have never paid this much. I always find it on offer in one of the stores and can usually pick it up for around £3.50 which makes it a lot better value for money than the Bioderma.

Overall I would say they do the same job and my skin didn't react to them any differently. They both remove my make-up just as well and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference on the skin. The one thing that lets the L'oreal down for me is that it can sting my eyes when removing eye make-up which the Bioderma didn't! This isn't a major issue for me but I want a product I can use on my clients as-well as myself to allow them to remove their make-up quickly but I wouldn't feel comfotable giving them the L'oreal purely for that reason! Therefore I will be sticking with my Bioderma especially with my clients and on my eyes but I now have a back-up for my ill prepared moments when I run out!

Have you tried either of these? What ones do you love?

Also if anyone knows of any cheaper sites than Ebay PLEASE let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment