20.11.13

Beauty Haul






So it was payday and I was feeling a tiny bit naughty and decided to have a bit of a splurge. I really shouldn't of as it's near Christmas and I haven't even started my shopping for it yet. I am defiantly a last minute type of girl! Oh well, needs must and all that; I think I need beauty rehab.




My first stop off on the beauty train took me to the Illamasqua website. Being a trainee make-up artist I get 20% off all the products which doesn't really help my 'add to basket' button. God help me when I'm qualified and it goes up to 40% everything I earn will be invested back into that company! I had originally been lusting over the new Christmas collection palette 'Fatelle' but after careful consideration I decided I had enough eyeshadows and that can wait! A lot of my friends at college have the translucent powder and swear by it so being the oily chip pan face girl I am I decided this was necessary. With my discount it came to just over £18 which is quite hefty for a powder but I'm hoping I will get a lot of use out of this on myself and my clients. Illamasqua also sent me a 3ml sample of their Hydraveil which i'm really excited to try! 




My next stop and final destination was to Love-Makeup. This was my first time shopping on this website and it may possibly be my new favourite site ever. They have so many different brands that can be quite hard to get your hands on and all in one place. Amazing. After watching this video by Little Kiva I had my heart set on this concealer palette. Gossmakeupartist also raves about Maq Pro so I was keen to try it out. I am a huge fan of the bright under eye area and this has the perfect colours all in one palette to banish them dark circles. It's such a cute size too. It fits into the palm of your hand which is supberb for someone like me that has to cart a lot of make-up around on a daily basis. I have tried this out today and it really is amazing. I'm sure you will see it in future posts soon! 




This was something that was an impulse buy. I had a quick browse in the sale section and there was some eyeshadow pans by Yaby Cosmetics on sale for £2.25. Most of the colours had gone and only a select few were left. I have wanted Samoa Silk by MAC for a while and this looked pretty similar so for the price I thought what have I got to lose. The pan is very small, I did think they were the same size as the MAC pans but for that price I can't really moan. I don't have a palette to put this in yet but I am considering investing in a Z-Pallete very soon! I can't wait to try this out! Unfortunately this colour is no longer showing on the website so they must of sold out. Although i'm sure a quick google search will bring up any other stockists.




The MAC 224 brush has been on my wishlist for an ever long time but I don't have a MAC store near me and I can't order online with my pro-card. Zoeva have been making a big impression on the blogging/YouTube scene for a while now and I heard this is a pretty good dupe for the MAC 224 and it's a fraction of the price. I disagree with it being a dupe for the 224 as the shape is quite different and I couldn't really use this for cream concealers as I originally wanted like I would with the MAC 224. Although I used this today with my regular eyeshadow and it blended the edges like a dream so all is not lost. This brush is amazing quality for the price and feels like a lot higher standard. Check out the nifty little packaging it comes with too! The case is a plastic type pencil case which would be fantastic for putting some eye brushes in if you were travelling anywhere. Although it isn't suitable for what I originally wanted I do think it's amazing at it's purpose of a 'crease brush' and I am going to be stocking up on more Zoeva brushes for my kit very soon! 

So there we have it, it's quite a small haul but I think these are going to be staples in my kit. For now though i'm off to think of other things I can wish for ;)

Have you tried any of these products? 






No comments:

Post a Comment