9.11.13

Face Charts

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since my last post and to be honest there isn't any excuses. 

Since my last post I have started training to be an NVQ level 3 make-up artist at college full time! I am loving the course and i can't believe it took me so long to pluck up the courage to go! The only advice I would give you is don't hang around, I'm nearly 23 (eek) and wish I did it sooner! But sooner rather than later hey?

Anyway, since starting college I have started to do face charts as a way of planning on what looks I want to do and plan ahead. I started off using paper and found that it was impossible to use actual make-up on and the looks just didn't look the same with colouring pencils! 

i had bought some face charts off a company called Prochart nearly a year ago and they were just collecting dust in the bottom of my cupboard but I decided to dig them out and give them a go! Make-up goes onto them SOOOOO smoothly and really gives a more professional and 'real' approach to showing any clients ideas you have in mind. I have been slightly addicted to using them lately and have created so many different looks which I will be using as part of my portfolio! 

I really do think face charts aren't used enough in the make-up world (especially with freelance make-up artists) although MAC and Illamasqua do amazing ones! 

I have included two of my favourite looks I created today,




Bridal look





Strong smokey eye and ombre lip

Have you ever used face charts? What are your opinions on them?

Loves!
Kayler x


*I am not associated with prochart. I purchased them with my own money and was not sponsored to do this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment