14.11.13

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Cleansing Balm



I'm not usually a follower and don't tend to listen to the blogger hype purely because I go in with such high expectations I'm usually disappointed but I caved with the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Lift & Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (WOW, what a mouthful!) I thought I had ordered the set containing the Cleansing Balm, Exfoliating Rose Seeds and the Cleansing Cloth but apparently I didn't which made the 34 price tag seem even worse! 


The cleansing balm contains moringa seed extract, wild sea fennel and vitamin E to minimize the appearance of pores which is definitely needed for my oily skin. Also Orange, Neroli and Mandarin extracts to rejuvenate and revitalise and Jasmine, Cedarwood and Rose to help re-hydrate and re-condition dry or dull skin. Far to scientific if you ask me. When I first felt the texture of the balm I was a bit apprehensive as it felt so oily and I thought adding oil to my already oily skin is going to be a recipe for disaster. 

From what I had heard it 'melts' away your make up so that evening I took a small amount and rubbed it into my face. To my surprise when I rinsed it off all my foundation etc had disappeared although I wouldn't recommend it for eye make up, especially if you wear a lot like me. My skin felt super fresh after it and I actually didn't feel I needed to repeat the process. The leaflet that is included says you can also leave the balm on for 15 minutes as a face mask which is pretty awesome although I am yet to try this.

The packaging is a huge downfall if you ask me, it looks BEAUTIFUL when it arrives but after a few weeks the lid has broke and won't tighten up properly so I wouldn't be able to travel anywhere with the product and water has creeped between the packaging and now looks like its rusting through as you will probably be able to tell by the photos I've included. Sorry they're not the prettiest of photos but that's how the products ended up and I have seen quite a lot of people say the same about it.

Overall I haven't used the balm religiously so I can't comment on a difference in my skin although it didn't make me more oily which I initially thought it would. I have been saving this as a 'treat' for my face if you like. Especially with the price tag I would say it is more of a 'pamper night' treat. I may invest in the exfoliating seeds and the cleansing cloths as I have heard good things about them both and can imagine the exfoliating seeds being lovely with the balm.

I have attached some stock images off google as the bad little blogger I am I didn't take any pictures before I used it and to be honest like I said about the packaging being naff it's doesn't look as fresh as what it did!




Are there any excellent dupes out there? I would love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment