6.2.14

Nivea Creme Original



After seeing a review on the Daily Mail website trialling the Nivea Original Creme vs the overly priced Creme De La Mer and the Nivea coming out on top I knew I had to try this and see what all the fuss was about. 

I have VERY oily, acne prone skin. During the winter months it isn't as bad but I still don't have a bit of dry skin on my body. On the other hand, my skin is also very dehydrated especially around my eye area. I have tried so many moisturisers over the years and eye creams, some costing a ridiculous amount of money so I thought to myself what did I have to lose trying out a £3.39 creme? Not only is this crazy cheap you get a huge amount for your money, 200ml in fact. I chose to get the tub offering although I do believe you can get this in a tube form as-well but it's quite a bit more expensive. Being the tight ass that I am, I chose the cheaper option! Having it in a tub form makes it easy to get the product out but is also could be quite unhygienic dipping your fingers in every day so I tend to opt for a spatula to scrape out the creme.




I only use this at night as it is a very thick creme which will leave your skin looking quite greasy looking which probably isn't the best look for the day, unless that's what look your going for ;). The creme is quite hard to rub into the skin as it's very stiff but keep rubbing and it will disappear eventually. You don't need to use a lot at all. I use a 50p sized amount for all over my face. It's probably worth mentioning I use this on my eye area where you would put an eye creme too, wether your supposed to or not I don't know but it seems to be doing wonders there! My skin has been left feeling so soft, like a baby's bum ever since I started using this, I noticed the difference from the first application. 

As far as I'm aware this is not marketed as a face creme, but an all purpose creme which makes it even better value for money. You can use this on your hands, body, wherever else you may desire. I checked the ingredients as I have basic knowledge of what is good for your skin and what to avoid and there isn't anything that stands out as bad to me. My pores also clog easily and I haven't noticed any of this either.


My skin has been left looking and feeling so amazing I am actually shocked. Since using this I haven't had one spot (touch wood) and my skin is feeling fresh and glowing. My sister actually came into my bedroom this morning and asked me why I had gone to bed with my foundation on (which I obviously hadn't) as she said my skin looked that fresh. Coming from my sister that mean't a lot. She isn't the best with compliments!


I was considering trying the Nivea Eye Cream but this seems to be working just fine for me! I am a Nivea Convert! I still use a light moisturiser in the day for under my make-up but this is my new holy grail night creme!


You can pick up Nivea here


Have you tried this Creme? What is your holy grail moisturiser?





No comments:

Post a Comment