25.2.14

Boots Haul



I'm sure you know how this all goes, you go into Boots for one thing and end up walking out with things you don't need/had no intention of buying! Boots had their 3 for 2 offer again on all make-up products and whenever this deal is on I can't seem to refuse! It's a perfect time to stock up on all your essentials and trying out new products without breaking the bank.

Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily Skin




This a re-found love of mine. This used to be my number 1 foundation around a year ago and like many other products it gets forgotten about after time. I have fallen in love with this foundation all over again. It provides medium coverage which is easily buildable to full and leaves a matte finish so probably isn't great if you like the natural dewy finish, but for someone with oily skin like me its fab! I picked up two shades - Natural Tan and Buff. Natural tan is my perfect fake tan colour. I also picked up Buff which is a pale yellow toned shade. I find it hard to find a yellow undertoned pale shade and this is just perfect! Whenever I'm less tanned and Natural Tan is too dark for me I mix it with Buff and it creates the perfect shade! 

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner - Intense Black



I had run out the eyeliner I had been using which come free in a Birchbox I received, unfortunately for me it was not so easily available to buy in the UK and I was desperate for a new one. Again like the Colorstay I used to use this around a year ago so thought would give it another go! It is a super jet black eyeliner (unlike some which can be grey.) It is also VERY creamy and glides onto the lid easily without pulling! I apply this with the MAC 210 brush. Also it is long lasting and won't move throughout the day at all! Even on my oily eyelids!

NYX Jumbo Pencil - Peacock



Now this isn't from Boots but I had a photo-shoot coming up with a beautiful model who had turquoise hair! The photographer had an amazing idea to do the lips the same colour as the models hair. Now as you can imagine, not even make-up artists carry a turquoise shade in their kit. I had to get my hands on a shade like this pretty quick so decided to check out NYX as they have recently set up a stall in my local Next! I managed to pick up this Jumbo Eye Pencil in Peacock and thought it would be perfect. Now unfortunately we didn't end up using this on the shoot so I'm not really sure how much use it's going to get from now. But it is an amazing shade!


No comments:

Post a Comment