8.2.14

MY TOP 5 MAC PRODUCTS!

MAC fills up the majority of my Pro Make-up kit along with Illamasqua (post to come). I really do think they make beautiful products and 99% of make-up artists will have a LOT of MAC in their kit. If your new to make-up or don't want to splurge on their products without wasting your money and hating the product then hopefully this post will help you choose what to buy and not end up regretting it!

1. MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER





This is my number 1 holy grail product. I could not live without this! Sounds a bit much but it's true. Since the day I bought this it has been my only concealer I have used underneath my eyes and for my highlight and concealing. This product, as it is a pro-longwear does last all day without going cakey or patchy! I use NC15 at the moment which is about 2-3 shades lighter than my skin-tone so is perfect for highlighting all areas of your face. I am going to be getting a few more shades of this for my kit and it lasts forever!

2. MAC MINERALIZE SKIN FINISH NATURAL





This is a setting powder used for setting your foundation and getting rid of that foundation shine!  Mineralize skin finish's come in a variety of shades to suit all skin tones. What I love about this product is the fact that it is so low coverage it  doesn't 'mask' your foundation and add another layer to your make-up. It let's your foundation show through beautifully whilst keeping you matte but not too matte. This is also amazing for touching up your make-up if you get super oily and it doesn't go cakey on the skin at all which I know a lot of powders do! I'm guessing this is due to the fact the product is baked unlike other powders! I currently use the shade Light in all areas that I highlight my face and I have recently started using Medium Deep to contour my face and it's truly the perfect shade! I plan to have every shade soon and pray MAC never discontinue this product!

3. MAC PAINTPOT'S





MAC paintpot's make the best bases when you are doing any look that involves eyeshadow. Painterly is my most used as it is the perfect natural skin tone shade but will cancel out any pigmentation you have on your eyes and give you an even base to work on. It will also act as a primer and give your eyeshadows that extra staying power. Their paintpot in Blackground is also perfect for when your doing an all black smokey eye but want that extra last without your eyeshadow creasing! Remember to always put the lids back on these products though as they dry out very easily and basically become useless afterwards.


4. MAC LIPSTICKS





You  can't go wrong with MAC lipsticks. They do a huge range (probably the biggest on the market) in a range of finish's to suit everyone! Everyone is going to be different and prefer all different types so the best way is to give them a try in store. They usually always have alcohol to the side of the stand to sterilise so you can dip them in and apply onto your lips rather than just your hand! Rebel, Angel, Kinda Sexy and Myth are a few of my favs ;)

5. MAC LASHES





In my opinion MAC lashes are not raved about enough. Probably due to their price point. £10 is a hell of a lot for a pair of falsies, but in my opinion they are completely worth it! If you know how to take care of your falsies you will be able to re-use there 5-6 times! Some pairs I have got over 10 wears out of! They do a huge range to suit all eye shapes but the MAC 35 Lashes are a personal fave and suit all eye shapes! As their lashes don't come with glue I picked up the DUO lash glue off Ebay and it's the best glue ever!



I hope this post helps! If you have any recommendations you think I should try please do let me know, I don't need an excuse to buy more make-up!



No comments:

Post a Comment