5.2.14

MAC 224 DUPE



You may remember from my last wishlist post that I really wanted to purchase the MAC 224 brush and it was on my shopping list to be bought next. Yes I really do a shopping list and purchase things in that order! As I'm in college I get to try lots of make-up brushes from the girls in my course and we all tend to dabble in each other kits. Last week my make-up tutor had the MAC 224 brush with her and I asked her if I could try it out. She said she swore by this brush and had about 10 in her kit which made me even more excited to give it a go!

Firstly I tried it out with eyeshadow and using it to apply my transition colour, as predicted it blends out like a dream. This is better for un-controlled blending if that makes sense at all. For example if you want your blending to be very precise and stay in one area you would use a brush such as a 217, but for a more smoked out effect you would use a tapered blending brush such as this. I also then used this for applying my concealer (when it was clean of course.) It gave a beautiful airbrushed finish to my concealer.


It was after I got home that the penny dropped. This brush is identical to the Sigma E40, nothing different at all. This brush was kind of dis-owned until recently where I decided to try it out again and for some reason I failed to see if was exactly like the MAC 224. The Sigma E40 looks exactly the same and completes the job just as well as the MAC 224 but is a considerably option. The MAC 224 retails for £22.50 and the Sigma E40 retails here for £15.95.



MAC 217 next to the Sigma E40 for size comparison.
Now you may think that isn't much of a saving but if like me you purchase several of your favourite brushes for yourself and your kit then that £7 per brush can make quite a bit of a difference. I now have 3 of these brushes and can't imagine being separated from them!

What is your favourite make-up brush?



No comments:

Post a Comment