30.12.13

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer





I have seen many pictures of this MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer lurking around Instagram and loved the results it seemed to give, but with a lot of Instagram pictures being heavily edited I had my doubts. I popped into Superdrug and had a look at the shades they had available, unfortunately there was only one in stock which was  'Atomic' which I would describe as a red with a strong orange undertone. I was surprised to see the price at £3 which I think is an amazing price.

As soon as I got home I had to try this, so please forgive me for not having the original packaging to take photo's of! It is a lovely cardboard box though! I heard through Instagram it works best with a lip liner, so I applied MAC Cherry all over my lips then applied the Lip Lacquer straight on over it. I didn't really like the lip liner with it though as it was 2 different shades so off the lip liner come.

I then re-applied the product straight on-to bare lips with the wand and the finish was lovely. It was a little tricky getting into the corners so using a lip brush will definitely help with this! You do need to work VERY quick though as the product applies like a gloss and sets to a matte finish very quickly. If  you mess up it can go quite patchy and re-applying over the top made a complete mess when I tried it.

This is definitely like a lip stain. Once the lacquer had set to a matte finish it was completely transfer resistant and survived a meal and also drinking which is a huge plus!

If you have dry lips make sure you use a good scrub first as this will cling to any dry patches you have and make your lips look quite naff!

Overall this product is an absolute bargain for £3 so I will be picking up the other 4 shades in the range for me and another set for my pro kit whilst I wait ever so patiently for MUA to release more.

You can pick up MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer here





No comments:

Post a Comment