27.12.13

Face Lace




As you may or may not know I am currently in college training towards my make-up artistry qualification. I actually finish my course in July 2014 and I can't wait. Without sounding up my own arse I am very confident with make-up and have been self-taught for a number of years but I wanted to go to college to gain my qualification which hopefully will help me get my foot in the door with companies such as Illamasqua (who are my dream to work for.)

As part of my qualification I have to do numerous assessments to pass the course and my most recent was a Face Lace assessment. I had never tried Face Lace before but was quite excited to try it! Our awesome tutor actually got us all one each to use which was so kind of her as they are super expensive. We were given the design a week before our actual assessment so we could plan our look. I would describe my Face Lace as a peacock style. I have included a picture of the actual design off the Face Lace website as being the bad blogger I am forgot to take a picture before.


We had to provide our own model so I asked my beautiful friend Jodi-Lei to be mine. She is mixed race and has the most perfect skin. I really thought the black Face Lace would contrast well with her skin tone. I decided to keep the eye make-up simple as there was so much going on with the eyes and just do a simple winged liner. To make it stand out that bit more I decided to add a bold lip. I used MAC Rebel which I love!

The application of the Face Lace was quite tricky. Peeling it off the plastic backing was an absolute nightmare. Obviously it is very sticky so it sticks to your face but when your peeling it off it sticks to every bit of your fingers, when you try peel it off your fingers it sticks to another part. It is so fiddly as I was trying so hard not to rip the delicate piece but let me tell you for all that trouble the end result is defiantly worth it! Face Lace also provide you with a bottom lash sticker which completes the look perfectly.

In the studio for head-shots

We then got to have our finished pieces photographed in the photo studio and I am currently waiting on the final edited pictures which I am hoping to have in my portfolio! I have included some pictures I took on my phone and I'm sure you will agree this is a beautiful look and would be amazing for a masquerade ball or if your feeling extra dramatic! I really can't wait to stock up on some more designs for my kit and use them in future looks.

Face Lace is available to purchase here

Have you ever tried Face Lace?

No comments:

Post a Comment